Wednesday 23 October 2013

Quantative Research.

As part of my research I was asked to create a questionnaire, I created 13 copies of this questionnaire which had 10 questions. I then handed this out to family and friends and asked them to fill it out, by doing this I could receive feedback and an opinion from people with different tastes and music likings to me.

Q1.WHAT COLOUR SCHEME WOULD YOU PREFER TO BE ON A FRONT COVER OF A MAGAZINE?


The results were expected as I knew that "VIBRANT COLOURS" would be the popular option, however one person picked "BLACK AND WHITE", and no one picked "NEUTRAL COLOURS" which I was worried about as I didn't want to use vibrant colours and I would like to have the BLACK, WHITE and RED colour scheme in my magazine.



Q2. WOULD YOU BE ATTRACTED TO A LARGE  FONTED OR A SMALL FONTED MAGAZINE MAST HEAD?

It was very obvious that everyone would pick "LARGE FONT", I think this is because that everyone these days is used to seeing large fonts on magazines in shops, however I agree with this decision to make the mast head very large and outstanding. By my research confirming this decision I feel confident that people will like the MAST HEADS'S appearance on my magazine.

Q3. WHAT IMAGE WOULD YOU PREFER TO BE ON THE FRONT COVER OF A MAGAZINE?

There was a range of different images listed on this question, mainly because the question was a open question, therefore the people could answer anything they wanted, some of the answers included;

  • RELEVANCE TO MAGAZINE CATEGORY
  • CELEBRITIES
  • MENS BODIES
  • COLOURFUL IMAGES
  • FOOD
  • CLOTHES
  • MODELS
  • MUSIC BANDS
After receiving these answers I knew that choosing to represent a celebrities using a model would be a good idea as this is what people would prefer to see on a magazine.

Q4. WHAT IS THE AVERAGE PRICE OF A MAGAZINE YOU WOULD NORMALLY BUY?


Expectedly no one would pay below £1.00, this isn't really surprising as there isn't many magazines which are below this price margin. The majority of people said that they pay between £1.00-£3.00 which is the average price of a magazine these days, however a small amount chose the £3.00+. Based on this is would aim to price my magazine around £1.50-£2.50.



Q5. HOW OFTEN DO YOU BUY A MAGAZINE?


When people answered this question it was evident that the majority of them bought their magazines monthly, however this outcome is like this because many of the magazines that were bought only came out each month, therefore this leaves the buyers only buying them once a monthly. Furthermore weekly wasn't that common and fortnightly was n the middle, having taken this into account i have decided to make my magazines a magazine which is available monthly to the audience/buyers.

Q6. WHAT MUSIC DO YOU LISTEN TO MOST OFTEN?

For the question I received a huge variety of answers, as my audience varied from different friends groups who have different music/lifestyle tastes therefore this was expected. When reviewing the research there was only a couple of answers which were the same therefore I had 9 different answers these included;

  • Rock
  • Pop
  • Chart
  • Punk
  • Hardcore Metal
  • House
  • R&B
  • Dance
  • Retro
The most popular answer was pop and dance music therefore I took this into consideration and this swayed my decision to choose this type of music instead of the original idea i had of writing about the rock band BON JOVI. I have now decided to base my magazine on my own twist on dance music.

Q7. WHAT TYPE OF MUSIC WOULD YOU MOST LIKE TO READ ABOUT?
 
When reciving answers for this i expected to revieve a huge variety as people ahve many different tastes, hwoever there was only 5 options to chose fromas i though this restricted the asnwers and would help me more. As expected many people enjoy reading about POP music the most as this is the mort popular type of music about these days due to the various chart shows and radio channels. after reading this i thought that DANCE music should of been a option therefore I would of got an idea of what the audience would of gone for, however this was before I finally made my mind up about my magazine and its contents, this will help me alot as i know that the genre i have chosen is very similar to the most popular option, therefore i will continue to design my magazine around that genre.
 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment