Tuesday 1 October 2013

Mood Board.

I was asked to make a mood board which included parts of magazines which I thought look good and which were effective to the use and made the magazine look good. I had to pick out certain features such as mast heads, articles , images and fonts. I have grouped together a range of different magazine features which I like and may use in my own magazine.

I focused mainly on sub heads and main sell lines, I done this to get inspiration for my own magazine and ways that I can present it. I think that there is a lot of ways to present the mast head and I particularly like the way that "VIBE" presents theres, I love the fact that the writing is a bold font and in a vibrant red colour, I also love the colour scheme of this front cover, and this is where I have received inspiration to choose this colour scheme for my own magazine. The set out of this front cover is something very similar to how I imagined mine to look like. I think that the image used is very effective and is a close up shot. The editing on this pictures is very effective and emphasises some features on the models face.

I also really like the way that the titles on both these pages are 
presented. I think the way that different sized writing is positioned really makes the title stand out and looks alternative to other titles of pages, on the other hand I 
think that the writing in the dark green colour should of been more vibrant as it would of stood out more, this technique I think will look really good on my magazine and I would like to have a go at designing my own way off doing this. The bottom title however is very modern and has an alternative feel about, considering that the writing is white and in all capitals it really stands out and contrasts with the black background. It also has a graffiti feel about it and stands out really well as it is different to something that you would typically see on any other magazines. The way that the background is set out is very stencil like which is a fun way of making the background less boring and and more creative.
             


The double page spread on this article is very similar to what I want my magazine to look like. It is an interview and has the question/answer set out which I want in my articles. I like the way that the questions font colour contrasts with the answer. I also really like the use of pink in the title and I think that it is a really good way to make the title look effective and a good way to make it stand out. I love the emphasised effect on the word "ABSOLUTELY" which really stand out compared to the rest of text on this page. There isn't anything I don't like on this page as I really think this double page spread will be used to help me make mine and my double page spread will be a representation of this one.

As well as all these features i have explained in further detail, there are many other on the mood board which I like and will use for inspiration when creating my magazine.







No comments:

Post a Comment