Wednesday 27 November 2013

Progress On My Front Cover - So Far

Before completing the front cover I decided to play around with different colours as I wanted the colour scheme to be vibrant "DANCE" orientated colours, however after experimenting this front cover below was the best option as it looked more professional and suited the image and mast head the best as the vibrant colours made the magazine look to young, and not the type of theme i overall wanted for the magazine.


This week I made a lot of progress on my front cover. As I only had the image and only edited it a small amount, therefore I had a lot of work to do. I started by finishing the editing on the photo, I done this by removing the background, brightening the image and highlighting certain parts for example her eyes and the necklace. this way I could proceed onto the rest of the attributes a front cover requires.

When editing and putting together the front cover I found that I was spending a lot of time trying to make the main sell line stand out, I eventually got the effect that I wanted and made it stand out as much as I can without making it look to over baring on the magazine front cover.

When I completed the front cover I thought that I had done a very good job, considering I had only just learned how to use photoshop. putting this aside I think that the magazine cover looks quite professional and I am proud for this magazine cover to be a representation of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment